Friday, January 7, 2011

Kitchen

I decided that at each week I am going to tackle the job of cleaning and organizing a room from top to bottom for the beginning of the year.  Hopefully it will help me stay on top of my cleaning throughout the year. 
This first week I tackled the kitchen, because it was the most "finished" room in the house (i.e. does not need pain or anything hung on the walls.) Let me tell you I cleaned that room from top to bottom.  I pulled out everything in the cabinets and drawers and scrubbed and organized.  I feel really accomplished whenever I set foot in there!

* Some background info-For those of you that don't know, when Tripp and I got married I moved into Tripp's house that he already had purchased.  It has been a hard journey for both of us as far as decorating.  Tripp's taste was more frat house and well mine is anything but.  Luckily we have compromised and he has really had a change of heart from what the house used to look like. 

I didn't have any pictures of the whole kitchen before the wonderful transformation, but I think you will be able to get the idea. 
Those blue walls were so painful to look at not to mention the Sturgis flag!
And now here it is now (clean and organized due to this week's task)!
The tray was a shower gift and the whole kitchen was some what styled around it!  I adore it!
 The make shift bar/office center. 

Just some of our cookbooks.  I need to find a way to store more, because I've had my eye on some new ones! 
 
So there you have it, our lovely kitchen.  We don't plan on staying in this house forever, but it suits (the three) of us just fine for now. :)
Next week I plan on tackling Nathan's room for my challenge!




No comments:

Post a Comment