Sunday, January 1, 2012

So long 2011. Hello 2012.

  Oh. my. goodness. 2011 is over and done with! There was plenty of heart break, but also lots of surprises and joy. Now for our 2011 recap! 

 January. January 10th we lost a woman who was near and dear to all of us. Tripp's grandmother, "Ganny" went to be with the Lord. It was a sad time for us, but we know she is in a better place and looking down on us. 
February. February was somewhat uneventful, though I did have one of the best Valentine's days to date. Tripp, Nathan, and I stayed home and had a yummy meal and exchanged gifts. So thankful to be able to call them Valentines. :)
March. March brought us the Final Four. We cheered our beloved Wildcats in the Final Four!
 April. We celebrated Easter.
May. Oh May was an exciting month! Nathan played t-ball for the first time and we also found out that we were expecting! 
 June. My baby boy turned 6 years old. I spent the whole month wondering why time is flying by!
July. Nathan had his first cub scout camp out. Tripp and I both went with him. Nathan had a wonderful time and slept like a log. All I can say is what was I thinking, being 3 months pregnant and trying to camp out was not one of my brightest moments, though I did enjoy watching my boy have so much fun!
 August. My not so little boy started first grade. 
 September. We moved into our new house and spent the entire month (as well as the rest of the year) turning it into our home. 
 October. We spent the majority of the month cheering on our footballer. We also made our annual trip to the pumpkin patch and Nathan scored plenty of candy while trick or treating! :)

November.  We traveled to my home town to spend Thanksgiving with my family. (Because we knew I wouldn't be able to travel during the Christmas season). I was so glad to spend the holiday with my family. I love visiting with my parents and spending quality time with them. 
December. December was a whirl wind! I'm pretty sure we had something every weekend. Our sweet boy was a wiseman in our church's Christmas play, we had a wonderful Christmas morning, and hosted Christmas dinner for 14. We soaked up every minute of it as it was our last Christmas as a family of three. 

 I hope you all had a wonderful 2011 and that 2012 is a year full of love and blessings. 

 
 

2 comments: